Tuesday, August 18, 2009

More Cats Than Rome






















This last photo is of our cat Freya, who we generally refer to simply as Kitty. The neighborhood cats are curious about her, and a few mill about our porch and back yard, staking out their turf, I'm sure. Kitty's not allowed to play with them though (or, more aptly, fight them, since I'm sure that's what an interaction would lead to) since most of them got the kitty hiv. She still romps around in our little yard when the coast is clear, which has improved her self esteem-- she's stopped neurotically licking the hair off her belly and kinda preens about the house, draping herself across top steps and counter tops like a little panther on a sun-soaked rock.

1 comment:

  1. The Kitty Hiv! I know it's a real (and very sad!) thing, so why I am I giggling?

    ReplyDelete